The school holidays are fast approaching and many in the school community will view this time as an opportunity to relax and have fun. However, we also recognise that some families and students find this season difficult given they are away from their normal routine and support networks. It is therefore important that we continue to encourage the school community to support one another and seek help if needed.
Please see the resources below that provide mental health information and links to supports.
- How to stay healthy over the holidays
- Tips for a Healthy Headspace
- chatsafe guidelines (advice about talking about suicide safely online designed by young people for young people)
- If your friend is not okay
- The Third Space – a 6 minute clip describing a strategy that can be used to help you cope with the demands of a busy life.
- Black Dog Institute COVID resources – strategies for schools and parents
- headspace- For friends and family
- My Services- Online directory of mental health services
- Mental Health Commission – Helplines